My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/6thfloor/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL! Update Links! http://www.ceetar.com/6thfloor/

Thursday, December 13, 2007

This Post Brought To You By 6th Floor Blog

Welcome to the 6th floor.

Today's contributors are: Ann, Sara, Frank, Billy.

Subject: This subway ride brought to you by 6th Floor Blog


Ugh! You and your MTA!” Ann says, throwing her coat at Billy as she arrives home.


What happened now? Your train explode?”


No, I..” Ann pauses, “Explodes? Is that something I need worry about?”


Nah, almost never happens. Hey, you don't ride the F a lot do you?”


Who rides the F anymore? Ha! What's up Ann, you get annoyed at the endless reminders about searches?”


Frank starts speaking in a deep, throaty voice, “...reminded that backpacks and other large containers are subject to search by the police.”


I so wanted to be the guy that makes all those recordings. How cool would that be? I don't quite have the clout for that though.”


Clout? Isn't that word a little big for you Billy?”


It's only five letter's Sara, not that big.”


Sara sticks her tongue out at Billy. “No, I bet she's annoyed at those damn Marie Bartiromo ads.”


The CNBC lady? She's not that bad looking for being 40.”


I don't care what she looks like! It's not you see her anyway, it's just another freaking recording where she identifies herself and tells you to watch the gap. I was only on the platform for a couple of minutes and definitely heard it a couple of times. What's the world coming to that even our safety announcements are sponsored?”


I did hear something about that actually. I'd forgotten about it. I'd rather them sell advertising space than have a fare hike. Well not really, since I don't pay to ride...haha..I'd rather them give us all raises though.”


I'd rather them give you a raise too, or not raise fares..or really anything other than that. I could swear that the damn ad is louder too.”


I didn't end up taking the subway the last couple of days, I could see that being annoying though. I'm already so inundated with announcements that I tune them all out. It doesn't help me hear the info I actually need to hear.”


I am usually pretty good at letting stuff go in one ear and out the other, but this one just annoyed me. “


I hear that. What won't they advertise on? Will we swipe our card and have our remaining balance brought to us by Chase? Will we soon know it as the Jetblue E train?”


That could be horrible. Although if they started sponsoring specific trains, you'd hope the Yankees create the Lou Gehrig 4 train.”


Sara takes her turn imitating the MTA recordings. “Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a Jose Reyes #7 Express train approaching Citi Field.”


Now there is an idea I could get behind!”


I apologize for my horrible horrible photoshopping, but I'm tired now and don't want to play with it anymore.



3 comments:

Michaelpanda said...

heh heh your post reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZbheVNcGc

also, about the incessant announcements: it's really bad here in japan - there are literally announcements going every second: don't forget your bags, mind the gap, the next station is ~, transfer here for w, x, y and z lines, we will arrive at platform ~, watch out for suspicious packages, don't rush onto the train, doors will open on this side....

its enough to drive you insane when you add in all the other station noise and the constant animated monitors/advertisements/visual announcements in each train above the doors. :/

Unknown said...

lacoste shoes
mcm bags
oakley sunglasses wholesale
instyler ionic styler
herve leger
timberland outlet
oakley sunglasses
jordan 4
fred perry sale
michael kors outlet online
cheap nba jerseys
michael kors outlet store
polo lacoste pas cher
nhl jerseys
coach outlet
burberry outlet
louis vuitton uk
swarovski crystal
ed hardy t-shirts
michael kors outlet
tory burch outlet
thomas sabo uk
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan 4
longchamp sale
adidas outlet
tods outlet
louis vuitton outlet
true religion jeans
valentino sale
chanel bags
air jordan concord
ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren polo shirts
tiffany jewelry
louis vuitton
toms
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton outlet
2015327li

Unknown said...

lc0530
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet
kate spade outlet
new orleans saints jerseys
los angeles clippers jerseys
ugg boots
cheap nike shoes
evening dresses
miami dolphins jerseys
gucci shoes
los angeles lakers jerseys
cheap wedding dresses
washington redskins jerseys
stuart weitzman boots
soccer shoes
burberry outlet
new england patriots jerseys
miami heat jersey
oakland raiders jerseys
true religion jeans
the north face outlet store
minnesota vikings jerseys
vans shoes
indianapolis colts jerseys
denver broncos jerseys
tommy hilfiger outlet
hermes outlet
air jordan shoes
golden state warriors jerseys
hermes birkin
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
bottega veneta outlet
mbt shoes
nike outlet store
pittsburgh steelers jersey
boston celtics jersey
philadelphia eagles jerseys
nike running shoes
air max 2015
mizuno running