My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ceetar.com/6thfloor/
and update your bookmarks.

New URL! Update Links! http://www.ceetar.com/6thfloor/

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A 6th Floor Thanksgiving: The Potato Wager

Welcome to the 6th floor.

Today's contributors are: Ann, Sara, Tabitha, Frank, Billy and Scott.

Subject: a 6th Floor Thanksgiving Story, part two

2:15-

Mmm! Something smells good!” Sara says, as she walks into the apartment after having left for an after-brunch walk with Tabitha and Frank.

Could it be Turkey?”

That would be my guess. How's the game?”

Brett Farve's destroying the lions.”

Nice..by the smell...4 hours until dinner?”

About that, yes. Good guess.”

Thy nose never lies.”

Either that, or because I told you dinner was at about 6:30 earlier.”

No, it's the nose.”

So we having mid-meal appetizers here?”

Geeze Billy, don't you ever take a break?”

Breaks are for the weak!”

And the thin.”

Hey now. That wasn't nice. I just put on my holiday weight preemptively!”

Of course you did dear. I'll cook up those appetizers Tabitha bought.”

You bought appetizers? With me?”

You were preoccupied with trying to find a smaller turkey. I got us some pigs in a blanket, some jalapeno poppers, some fennel and olives, and the usual chips and dip.”

Now that's what I'm talking about!”

Pass the chips and veggies. They should tide us over until the pigs come out.”

"I thought you two were already sitting on the couch?"

"Wow Sara, you're really on today."

"Just a little revenge. They're always like that."

"These chips are good! What kind are they?"

"Potato."

"Nice! Good choice Tabitha!"

"Speaking of potato, what kind of potato are we eating with dinner?"

"I've got a nice garlic mashed potato recipe going over here. My aunt's recipe."

"Mmm...mashed potatoes."

"Does anyone know what the difference is between mashed and smashed potatoes? You seem them both in restaurants sometimes. Are they the same thing?"

"Maybe how violently they're prepared? Smashed potatoes are prepared by throwing them at walls and hitting them with hammers?"

"That seems unlikely. I always thought smashed potatoes seemed thicker, but I don't know why."

"I looked it up once. They are generally thicker. The main difference is that smashed potatoes aren't whipped. Once you use an electric mixer you start to get more of a whipped feel to them and then they become mashed potatoes instead."

"Maybe I should mix them by hand so they're smashed potatoes?"

"Whatever's faster."

"It doesn't matter what's faster, you're not getting them until dinner time either way."

"Wanna bet?"

"That's not a bet you want to take Billy."

“Oh yes it is!”

Others: “Dun Dun Dun!”

Will Billy manage to eat the potatoes right under Ann’s nose, or will Ann successfully defend the spuds until dinner?

Will dinner turn out alright, or will Ann horribly burn everyone so that we’re vomiting all night?

Who will be the first to fall to the tryptophan and take a nap?

To find out, stay tuned for another episode of “As the 6th Floor turns.”

To Be Continued....